Eugene Chapter Newsletter
First Quarter, 2015
Izaak Walton League of America Inc.
Defender of soil, woods, waters, air and wildlife
P.O. BOX 891
Eugene, OR 97440
|PRESIDENT: Butch Killen||SECRETARY: Clint McComb|
It's been a long time since I was first elected President. Too long for any one person to serve in that position. I am thankful that another active, long time member has stepped up to take on the role of President. Butch Killen will be an excellent leader of our Chapter. His common sense, no BS attitude will lead the Chapter forward. There are several very important projects in the Chapter's future and many opportunities to get involved.
Another active member of the Board has stepped up to assume the responsibilities of Secretary. Clint McComb will also do an excellent job serving the Chapter. I can't remember back far enough to say when Kathryn Thomsen first took on the duties of Secretary. I think dirt had just been discovered. She will continue as Treasurer. We all owe her a huge Thank You for the decades of service.
Calendar of Events
|Jan 3||USPSA/IPSC Match. Contact Ben Bock, 541-543-1983 for details.|
|Jan 10||Eugene Chapter Benefit Match. Contact Jeremy Brown, 541-953-7865.|
|Jan 17||IDPA Match. Contact Mark Kruger, 541-968-4330.|
|Jan 24||Range Work Party and New Member Orientation. Work starts around 8:30am.|
|Jan 27||Chapter/Board Meeting at 2360 W Broadway, 7:30 pm. Everyone Welcome!!|
|Feb 7||USPSA/IPSC Match. Contact Ben Bock, 541-543-1983 for details.|
|Feb 14||Eugene Chapter Benefit Match. Contact Jeremy Brown, 541-953-7865.|
|Feb 21||IDPA Match. Contact Mark Kruger, 541-968-4330.|
|Feb 24||Annual Key Exchange, 2360 W Broadway 7:00 pm.|
|Feb 28||Range Work Party and New Member Orientation. Work starts around 8:30am.|
|Mar 7||USPSA/IPSC Match. Contact Ben Bock, 541-543-1983 for details.|
|Mar 14||Eugene Chapter Benefit Match. Contact Jeremy Brown, 541-953-7865.|
|Mar 21||IDPA Match. Contact Mark Kruger, 541-968-4330.|
|Mar 24||Chapter/Board Meeting at the Range, 7:30pm. Everyone Welcome.|
|Mar 28||Range Work Party and New Member Orientation. Work starts around 8:30am.|
Work Bond - Repeat from the last newsletter
At its November meeting the Board appointed a committee to come up with a recommendation to the Board on implementing a work bond. At the January meeting the following recommendation will be made.
A work bond program will be put in place beginning in February 2014. The program will work as follows:
- For 2014 the key fee will remain at $50.
- The Range Committee will develop a list of authorized projects to be undertaken at the range and will designate a lead or contact person for each project.
- The Range Committee will appoint a contact person(s) to track the hours spent on authorized projects by members who have volunteered to work. Volunteers must communicate with the contact person(s) to receive credit for time worked.
- Members will earn credits at the rate of $5 per hour and can earn a credit up to a maximum of $50 annually. This credit will be applied to the following year's work bond. For example, work done and the credit earned in 2014 will be applied to the key fee in 2015.
- The key fee (aka work bond) will be increased to $70 in 2015.